Skip to main content

Summer Project 1 3D Space Ship

Spaceship

For my first project I will create a spaceship from concept art by Andre-Lang Huynh. 
In my reference seen below, the ship of focus in the image is the one being made. The surrounding images are more for inspiration reference for what the back will look like since there is only one angle of this ship.

15k poly goal


Texture Target

The breakdown of this 4 week project:

  1.  Block out shapes (Engine, fuselage/cockpit, cannon) then finalize those shapes. (this process will allow me to have a rough low poly version). Begin the high poly on engine.
  2. Continue High Poly - Fuselage & Cannons
  3. Take blocked out shapes from week 1 and make necessary adjustments for lowpoly. Begin UV
  4. Texture / Render

Midway 








Final Shots








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3D Hardsurface Model

Kylo Ren's Light Saber The following renders were done in Zbrush. Using Fusion 360 I've reconstructed Kylo Ren's Lightsaber Marmoset Renders UE4

3D Simple Character

3D Turtle We had one week to model, sculpt, texture and render a simple character. Reference Marmoset Renders Zbrush Sculpts UV's In UE4

Environment

Rock Tile Texture made in Zbrush Snow Maps Made in Substance Designer Snow Material in UE4 Blend Layers  Detail Normals I added snowflakes to my snow texture with detail normals.  Material Graph for the Rock texture. 4 of my materials in a basic sculpt of the environment.  Final Renders Some of my specular sparkle in the snow was lost throughout my process (something with unreal) as frustrating as it was I couldn't find a fix to go back to my earlier renders, as seen in my last post.  Extra credit:  I used detail normals on my snow to create a snow flake effect (although along with the specular it was washed away). I also implemented vertex painting of snow onto my rocks and some of the trees. Rock Set Sculpt UE4 Renders